The following events are CODA sanctioned events and/or events run in compliance with CODA’s Regatta Policy
- Canadian Optimist Championships
- Provincial Championships
- Sail Canada events -Sail East, Central and West-
CODA Regatta Policy
To compete at the events listed above, sailors must:
- be active CODA members and have their membership updated and fees paid for the current year
- present proof of age (which will determine their fleet)
- signed waivers may be required
- measurement and safety inspections may be held
- sailors competing at CORK will be charged a mandatory $3 levy (“CODA Fee”) payable to ‘CODA’. Check the NoR to see if this fee is included in the Registration fee already; IF SO, it will be mentioned in the NoR.
- CODA Regattas will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS)
- Sail Canada prescriptions will apply
- CODA code of conduct will apply
Competitors, coaches, parents and guardians shall abide by the CODA Code of Conduct. This includes behavior both on and off the water including respect for all other persons, personal property of others, hosting clubs and cities.
- CODA fleet assignment regulations, bylaw 21, will apply
- IODA class rules will apply to all class events.
For clubs hosting Optimist Regattas, it is recommended to read and comply with the following documents:
In an effort to prepare our sailors for the Canadian Optimist Championships, CORK and international events, as well unifying Optimist racing in Canada and the world, it is recommended to mirror the official class rules and race management policies including: courses for both Green and Championship Fleets, Measurement Procedures -or at a minimum, enforce that class rules are being followed and respected-, Scoring Procedures, Sailing Instructions and Notice of Race formats for Fleet Racing and Team Racing Championships.
To facilitate this process, we have attached reference documents sanctioned and approved by CODA:
- Championship Fleet Race Course: trapezoid.
- Green Fleet Race Course suggested: modified trapezoid course with 1 upwind leg.
- Team Racing Course: digital N.
Find attachaed diagrams for reference