October 9, 10, 11, 2021 (with training and coach-led practice races to be held October 9 and the official event qualifier races on 10,11).
RCYC, Toronto Island Clubhouse
$300 prior to September 24, 2021, $400 thereafter.
*100% of registration fees will be given as subsidies to sailors traveling from outside of Toronto to support costs. This is not a revenue generator – simply the only chance to allow athletes to qualify for 2022 events during a global pandemic and get everyone together on a start line. We are abundantly grateful to RCYC for making this qualifier possible.
Westin Harbour Castle Rate: $179 Book your group rate for CODA Room Block
* RCYC will provide a water taxi directly to the hotel from the island clubhouse to alleviate traffic on the Cherry St. launch. (on map below, X is Cherry St. launch and the cloud is the Westin Harbour Castle.
Coach Lodging Co-ordinator:
Generous members of RCYC are making their heated boats located on the island available for coaches. Please contact Rachel if you are a member with a vessel that could accommodate a responsible coach.
The on-site chandlery will bring in extra Opti parts, boat polish, etc. for the event in case sailors need.
We are pairing up local sailors with available race-ready boats with out-of-town attendees to arrange private charters. Suggested cost from one sailor to another: $250 for three days. It is recommended that athletes travel with their own sails.
RCYC Vaccination Policy: All participants and accompanying parties eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19 must present full proof of vaccination (two doses plus 14 days) in order to access RCYC facilities. Proof of vaccination and photo ID will be required.
Please UPLOAD your proof of double Vaccination HERE. (When you click the link, select ‘guest’, enter your name and email, and then upload an image of proof of your second vaccine as provided by your provincial government).
RCYC recognizes that not everyone will be able to comply and accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be granted following consideration of an application to the Club. If granted, the Club reserves the right to impose terms of the accommodation that will protect other Members and Staff. For medical accommodations, we request a doctor’s note for confirmation and for religious accommodations, we ask for a letter from a recognized leader of your religious organization. Please submit requests directly to Cory Anderson, Assistant General Manager at email@example.com.
Snacks will be handed out daily. Sailors should pack their own lunches. Sunday post-racing we will provide food for sailors, volunteers and coaches. Food will also be provided Thanksgiving Monday, post-racing. Parents and siblings are welcome to purchase food and refreshments at the Ovens Room on site in the clubhouse. There is a large verandah with ample outdoor seating.
From October 4th to October 17th, Food & Beverage on the Island will be closed Monday to Thursday (Coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, snacks and soups will be available at the Chandlery during regular business hours).
Friday to Sunday – Open 11:30am to 7:00pm (including Thanksgiving Monday).
Chair: Jill Amery
Co-ordinator: Tara MacAuley
Head of Communications: Kim Alepin
Translations and CODA Registrar: Guillaume Godbout
RCYC Racing Management: Violet Stafford
PRO: David Sprague
Coach Liason: Agustin Ferrario
On-Site logistice: Kirsten Watson/Patrick Nugent
Charters: Jillian Ruch
Coach Accommodation: Rachel Rappaport Beck
Coach Boats: Ellen Howell
Event Social Media: Chrystal Saffer *Please submit photos for us to share.
Former Opti team assistance: Ford Amery, Hudson Amery, Genevieve Langford, Jack Nugent, Seb Beck, Piper Howell
The Royal Canadian Yacht Club, 150 Cherry St, Toronto Ontario, ON M5A 3L1
LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (and other COVID related rules, RCYC logistics information)
where do I park my car? Where do I park my boat trailer? RCYC City Side location is at 150 Cherry Street – M5A 3L1
- Please put your trailers at the southeast corner of the parking lot. All trailers will be given a yellow tag from RCYC Staff that designates the trailer for temporary storage only. All trailers must be removed promptly post the event please
- Non RCYC members must pay for Parking if they are leaving their cars in the parking lot. Daily parking is $16.00. There is a limited number of free parking spots outside the RCYC facility on Cherry Street.
2) RCYC Ferry Times (Launches to and from the Island):
From the City – first boat 7:45 AM – then every 30 mins after that
From the Island – on the hour and half hour
- The Launch fee for Guests will be waived for the regatta
RCYC will provide water-taxi service for the participants. We will prioritize athletes and coaches as only 12 people ride at a time. The crossing takes 7 minutes each way. The water taxi will run 8:30am to 9:30am on Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings. It will also run Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 5:30-6:30pm. (they may run an extra 30 minutes if needed). The following water taxi services are also available for you and your family: https://harbourtourstoronto.ca/water-taxi/, https://www.tikitaxi.ca/.
3) COVID REQUIREMENTS
a) RCYC COVID Waiver must be filled out on- line (paper copies are available from the Quartermaster at City Station). Where asked to put a member number on the waiver please put “OPTI2021”
- c) All people coming onto RCYC property must check in with the Quartermaster and sign in upon arrival at the City Station. This includes sailors and coaches launching at the Cherry St Dry Sail compound. A record must be kept of your arrival and departure on any part of the RCYC location. If you are commuting by water to the island directly you will be check-ed in at the north docks at the registration table.
- d) Masks are mandatory when inside the RCYC City Station, when waiting to board the ferry, and on the ferry at all times, when walking on the ferry docks. Signage will be displayed throughout RCYC. Masks are to be worn when within 2m of any other person.
- e) Masks must be worn indoors and where distancing is not possible.
4) RCYC Dress Code
There is a dress code for the launch at RCYC. Please read the dress code details very carefully. Failure to follow the rules will result you in being denied access to the launch to the Island.
5) On the Island
- a) where do RIBS and dolly’s go?
Please dock your RIBS in front of the Dinghy Docks located on the north side of the Island.. Please respect your speed when coming into dock as there are many dockholders around the Dinghy Dock area. All dolly’s will be designated a spot in specific areas (so there can be spacing to allow for distancing and following our COVID policies)
- b) where can I get fuel? There is a fuel dock on the north island located in far eastern end of the channel (by the Marine Chandlery building.
- c) where can I get food? The oven’s room (cafeteria) is open for takeaway located in the main club house and there is outdoor seating just outside of the entrance. The outdoor patio is open but all guests must be accompanied by a member.
Emergency & Safety Information
Important Phone/VHF Numbers
- During Sailing Office hours, the Club monitors VHF channel 09
- Coast Guard/Marine Unit channel 16
- Club Main Line: (416) 967-7245
- Dockmasters (main extension for sailing office); 521
- Sailing Coordinator; 594
- Sailing Manager; 590
- City Station extension; 271
- Marine police unit: (416) 808-5800 or *16
First Aid & AED Locations
- Junior Club Instructor Room (Only AED on South Island), AED + First Aid Kit
- Dinghy Docks/Shed (Event Location), AED + First Aid Kit
- Lifeguard Office at the Pool, AED + First Aid Kit
- Marine Services, AED + First Aid Kit
- Clubhouse, Two AEDs – One upstairs, One downstairs, First Aid Kit